This Spring, I appear to be embracing my feminine side. Every other post seems to be about florals, maxi dresses and the like. I fear a backlash coming on, I'm terribly fickle when it comes to trends.
The lovely Laura at theblogofobsessivecoolness has kindly given me a Stylish Blogger Award. While I'm not going to pass it out to 15 wonderful bloggers - check out my links list to the right of the screen to see what I recommend - I will divulge a few tidbits about myself, I've been at this a while and I don't think I've really introduced myself.
1) I'm quite academic. I like being academic, well read, well informed. Now that I've graduated I'm afraid I'm going to drop the ball on reading as I read almost 200 books during my university career and am a bit sick of it. I'm trying to push myself into reading good literature (with a few lighthearted ones on the way; have a look at what I'm reading on the lower right hand of the screen), I want to get through the BBC list of 100 books to read before you die. Although it does have the entire works of Shakespeare on there and I don't think that's entirely feasible.
2) I love Lost. I'm currently working my way through the series to see if it actually made any sense. Just started Season 3 yesterday and everything is still pretty normal and not confusing.
3) When studying for my A Levels, I used to eat. A lot. I would get through three tubs of Belgian Chocolate ice cream a week. Still maintained a UK size 8 though. It wasn't till I got to University and discovered alcohol my weight ballooned.
4) I'm offended by Uggs. This may be a bit controversial, but it's true. Don't misunderstand me, they're fantastically comfortable, warm and just all around amazing for your feet. But they are not waterproof. Or snowproof. Why do people wear them in the rain and snow? And they don't look good with jeans. Or black tights. Or outside the house.
5) I watch the Vampire Diaries so I can ogle the hot men. I'm not ashamed to admit this. If you haven't seen the Vampire Diaries, I seriously, seriously recommend you check it out. There is always some shirtless eye candy going on there.
6) I have never seen the whole of Pulp Fiction. I believe this is a crime in certain cultures?
7) I'm currently interning at a well known London based high fashion label. I'm tired, broke, but loving it.