Friday 30 July 2010

Grease 2/Isabel Marant

This probably won't be the last time I'll talk about Fall 2010 Isabel Marant collection as I absolutely adore it, but this very may well be the last time I'll talk about it connection with the box office bomb, Grease 2.

If you haven't seen Grease 2, you are really missing out.  While Sandy from Grease was cute and innocent, Stephanie, played by a young Michelle Pfeiffer was gutsy, cool, rebellious and sexy.  With tight black trousers, a thick fringe, red lips and sunglasses she was the essence of cool.  The cheesy songs in Grease 2 are also worth a look - the energetic number 'Reproduction' set during Biology class is laughably bad - and the overtop characters and appalling script somehow manage to make an entertaining two hours, if for all the wrong reasons



When I look at Isabel Marant's collection I am reminded of Stephanie's effortless cool, I can't wait to get my hands on cropped trousers, a thick jumper and do cat eye make-up.


(google images/style.com)

3 comments:

  1. omg iv ALWAYS thought that grease 2 was better than grease 1! i think michele pheiffer looks amazing in that film! i think my favourite song is cool rider! i love the whole skinny cropped jean with leather jacket!


    http://incfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love Grease 2 as well! Cool rider is a great song, I think that's my favourite song. I loved it when Michael got all hot and biker, that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. michelle pfeiffer is the biggest babe in this movie, ever.
    definately the better grease out of the two. i remember loving her hair in the movie, and especially her at the end in that purple dress when her hair is plaited, so gorgeous. i want to watch it now. ahah. x.

    ReplyDelete