Thursday 19 May 2011

La Isla Bonita


American Vogue has a knack for making celebrities look like models, especially when they pair them with long legged models like Daria, Natalia or Joan.  Some of my favourite editorials are ones where American Vogue has paired a hot young male celebrity with one of Vogue's favourite models.  My favourite has to be Jake (yum) with Daria, the most beautiful couple I ever did see.

While Bruno Mars does not appeal to me - music or otherwise - Joan Smalls is becoming the model of the moment and has appeared in countless issues in American Vogue this year alone.  It's clear Anna really likes her, which is perfectly understandable considering how beautiful she is.  The styling is this editorial is spot on, it really feels like stills from a movie.  With Penelope Cruz on the cover of this month's Vogue, it looks like this is the issue to beat this month.


(tfs)

Are you in love with this as much as I am?  What was your favourite model/celebrity collaboration?

1 comment:

  1. Joan Smalls is just breathtakingly beautiful, too bad they paired her with Bruno Mars. I have to say, he has some catching radio hits, but does not appeal to me in any other way.
    One of my favorite collaborations between a model and a celebrity must be Gemma Ward and Josh Hartnett in Vogue(photos:http://www.popsugar.com/Josh-Hartnett-Gemma-Ward-Vogue-3850). The editorial is beautiful and classic, and they both look great together!

    ReplyDelete